Wednesday, November 16, 2016

1.8 A Night Out


I awake early. The sun is only just starting to come up and I watch the shifting colors through my bedroom window.


I then proceed to look out the other window. Maybe the view from here is better?


Nah, the first one was better, definitely.


I stare at the shuttered window for a while, wondering what the view that way might look like.


I walk back over to the open window. A beautiful view like this is worth more to me than all the money in the world, I realize.


I've been so busy looking out my various windows all morning that I completely forgot to shower or have breakfast. I barely notice, however, because I am mesmerized by the beautiful landscape. Autumn has come to Monte Vista.


My boss, Erika Lin, was really happy I finished reading The Gift of Life and promoted me right away! Starting tomorrow, I will be working as a paramedic.


 Ugh, I worked up quite a sweat today! On the way home, I can almost imagine a trail of stink following in my wake.


This shower was long overdue.


The sun is setting, but I don't feel like staying inside today.


 The urge to share my newfound wisdom with other sims is still strong, so I call a taxi and venture out in search for someone to tutor.


I arrive at the Worries and Woes Country Pub. The place is packed with people! I'll surely find someone to tutor here. (Creative wish fulfilling, yo!)


 I spot a young man standing alone in the rain and muster up all my courage to approach him.


 My bravado in approaching a stranger is rewarded with another "Ciao, bella!" and I blush yet again. I think he's very good-looking, too!


His name is Franco Bianchi. I immediately begin talking to him about art, and he listens with interest.


The conversation soon turns into more of a lecture. "You know," I tell Franco, "People like to sound smart by talking about the Mona Lisa's 'mysterious' smile... but really, what is actually remarkable about that piece is how Leonardo DaSimci was so far ahead of his time in painting it."


"It's in the light and shadow," I continue, "DaSimci's peers had no real concept of that. But he--"

I am interrupted by Franco's growling stomach. I apologize for taking up his time, but he assures me that he enjoyed our conversation and learned more about painting than he ever knew before. Then he gets into a car and leaves, without ever setting foot inside the pub.


 I'm soaking wet from standing in the rain for so long, so I head inside to dry off while playing a game of darts.


While I wait for my turn, my mind wanders to a dream I've been keeping in the back of my mind for a long while. I really want to travel to China! But for now, I feel like I want to accomplish a few more minor things right here, so I'll be able to fully focus on my vacation once I finally take it.


 Once I'm dry, I can't suppress my yawns any longer.


I leave the pub, thinking that I had a really good time tonight. Visiting the local hot spots of nightlife is more fun than I'd anticipated! I resolve to visit at least five more.


For tonight though, I'm heading home.


I really need to sleep and begin making my way upstairs when I change my mind and decide that I need something for dinner first.


 My eyelids droop as I cook.


 Tonight I'm too sleepy to even appreciate the romantic setting of my candlelight dinner.


 I don't even worry about the dirty dishes and head right across the hallway to my bedroom.


I put on my night gown and slip under the covers, but before I even get to close my eyes, I jump up again.


I really need to pee!


And then, finally, as the sun begins to rise outside, I fall asleep.




4 comments:

  1. I know I keep bringing up MV but JEEZ it looks really pretty with all those autumnal colors.

    That *is* some creative wish fulfillment, but it's within the rules iirc! Here's hoping she gets that kiss soon and we can stop worrying about the legacy progressing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, I keep gushing about how beautiful MV is too! That's why I always sneak in those landscape shots :D

      She's making it very difficult to get her to socialize. If you do start a wishacy, maybe don't try it with a loner sim XD

      Delete
  2. Franco is promising!

    "I resolve to visit at least five more." Ha! I get a little annoyed when my sims get these hotspot wishes, though. But it should be helpful in getting Gloria to meet some more people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's difficult to visit five hot spots, particularly in MV where there aren't that many bars to begin with :/ But anything to get Gloria socializing!

      Delete