Wednesday, November 16, 2016

1.7 Ciao Bella


The sun has just passed its zenith when I finally roll out of bed and look out the window with a smile on my face. Ah, weekends.


I get ready for the day and head out, stubbornly ignoring the puddles of water that still refuse to dry up. I will not give in!


 Today I have a very special mission. I need to deliver the painting that Patrizio Monty commissioned!


 I am stunned to see the beautiful house he lives in. Suddenly I feel very self-conscious about my errand... will a sophisticated doctor like Patrizio like my stupid little painting?

Turns out I didn't need to worry. He loves it and pays me a hefty sum to boot!


 Patrizio tells me that the city has recently added chess tables to the main plaza, so I head there to check it out. After all, I've been wanting to max out my logic skill for some time!


I'm just about to begin practicing by myself when a man sits down across from me.


"Ciao bella," he greets me and I blush. He's quite handsome!


 When I deliver a spectacular check mate, it feels like scales have fallen from my eyes. All of the sudden, I see and understand everything so much more clearly than before! I know with absolute certainty that my capabilities have reached the absolute height of logical thinking.

I suddenly feel like I want to share this newfound wisdom with my fellow sims and resolve to tutor someone in a skill.


 Luigi Stefani applauds and congratulates me. He's really nice! I wouldn't mind spending more time with him. Hm, maybe I should tutor him in a skill?


But, as if he heard my thoughts, he begins talking about his wife. Oh, of course a handsome guy like him is married already! That's just my luck.


Suddenly, a teenage girl walks up beside our chess table, lets out a bone-chilling wail and then doubles over in pain.


People gather around her, watching the girl grasp her abdomen and screech, "Dottore! Aiuto! I need a doctor!"

The crowd around her panics, looking to see if there is anyone with medical experience nearby. I focus on the chessboard, desperately trying to avoid eye contact. Sure, I work at the hospital, but I'm just a bed pan cleaner. What am I supposed to do? I have no medical experience, and to be honest, no real aspirations for a promotion either.


 There are just too many people around, so I get up and walk away.


Behind me I hear the girl retching and people exclaiming their disapproval of the local medical staff. Well, what was I supposed to do?!


I run towards the library to get away from the angry crowd.


 I lose myself in my romance novel. Things are slowly starting to come together, but I still need to find a good ending.


 When I get too tired to write, I grab a book and try to read a little.


 I quickly realize that I'm too hungry to focus!


 A candlelight dinner for one, yet again.


 Tonight, I do the dishes in my new, shiny bathroom sink. It's so much nicer than the one in the kitchen!



What an eventful Sunday, I think to myself before I slip under the warm covers and drift off.

4 comments:

  1. Her face as she's looking at her chess partner! I can't! She's just too cute!!

    Was the girl puking an opportunity or something? I don't think I've played the medical career in years, so I don't remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good to see Gloria being goofy and happy, isn't it? :D

      Same, I was so surprised at all these random events the medical career spawns! I think Gloria could have diagnosed and cured that girl, but since she had no wish relating to that...

      Delete
  2. Aw, Luigi is really handsome. Too bad he's married.

    I was cracking up when that girl got sick and Gloria just ignored it! xD I can just imagine the retching sounds as she walked away. Yeah, these random doctor events were added on with Ambitions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made me want to play a doctor I can actually control! I think I've never played a doctor since installing Ambitions!

      Delete