Monday, November 14, 2016

1.2 Torn To Pieces



I wake up bright and early, with a million things on my mind that I want to accomplish today.


 First and foremost, I need to finally beat Giovanna at chess! I sit down at the chess board by myself and ponder the moves she used on me yesterday.

My deep thoughts are interrupted by the sound of a car honking outside.


 Oh no! I'd almost forgotten that it's my first day of work today! I hastily put on some clothes and dash outside without eating even a bite of breakfast.


 Here we go, my first day working at the hospital.


When my shift is over, I am exhausted. I never enjoyed being surrounded by this many people back in school - why did I ever think that it would be any different working at a busy hospital?


 I remember my time as a self-employed writer and sigh. I really miss writing and resolve to work on my current romance novel Torn To Pieces immediately.

Jumping in a taxi, I ask the driver to take me to the local library.


 On the way to the walled city, I see a wild horse, serenely walking up the hill. I immediately think that I want to just pause and watch this majestic creature for a while, but the taxi speeds on and I have too much on my mind now to follow yet another one of my whims.


 The driver stops right in front of the library and I head inside.


 I sit down at the first computer I see. It seems to be some sort of receptionist's desk, but there's no librarian in sight and no one is complaining, so I begin to type away.


 It's not long before I get too tired to continue, however.


 Seeing as I am at a library, I decide to read a little to wind down. I grab a random book off a shelf, but as soon as I sit down, I realize that I am too sleepy to do even this right now. Plus, I reek and it's beginning to distract me.


 I head home and jump in the shower.


And then it's off to bed. I didn't accomplish any of the things I set out to do today, but I have no chance to fret about it. Absolutely exhausted, I fall asleep immediately.


4 comments:

  1. D'aww poor Gloria. ;_; I always hate sim days like that, where absolutely everything goes wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She finally gets to do what she wants, and the first thing she decides to do it get a job that makes her miserable o_o

      Delete
  2. I love how you're hinting at her wishes without overtly saying it, like with the horse. Hmm, I wonder if Gloria will wish to get a different job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I'm trying to include even the wishes I didn't get to lock in, if I remember them :)

      Delete