Sunday, November 20, 2016

1.18 Emotional Rollercoaster


 Zhan is coming today, is the first thought on my mind when I wake up.


 Only two more hours. Two more hours until it's 9!


 I'm just about to head out to the balcony with my breakfast pancakes when I hear the car pool honk outside. Damn! Well, I'll just put the pancakes down right here. I'm sure they'll still be fine when I come back later.


 After all, I'm only going to work until Zhan arrives today, I think to myself


9, 10, 11... The hours go by and no sign of Zhan. I try to call, but I'm unable to reach him.


 I am asked to hold another vaccination clinic - this time at the Last Venue of Amore. I can't believe I've never been here before in all my time in Monte Vista! I am floored by just how beautiful and romantic this place looks.


 This time the crowd of people is almost overwhelming. They won't even form a neat line of anything! I feel very uncomfortable, but proceed to administer one vaccination after the other.


 All the while, I wonder if Zhan is ever going to show up. The hours keep ticking by and I haven't heard a single peep from him.

At this point, I start becoming unsure of myself. What does Zhan even see in me? I'm still the same awkward loner I've been all my life... Maybe he only flirted with me so I would buy his wares. I bet he does that to all the female tourists! Well, those that are dumb enough to believe him, anyway. Like me.


 I continue to brood over this dark new train of thought as I work. Why do all of these people have to stare at me while I'm trying to focus?! Just go sit somewhere and wait your turn! Stop staring at the dumb loser that thought a man would actually travel all the way here from China just to see her.

I'm such an idiot. Zhan isn't coming. He was never going to. Long distance relationships simply don't work in this world.

I just really, really want to fall in love. Is that too much to ask?


My eyes slowly well up with tears. I try my best to hold them in while I vaccinate the next patient.

When I finally manage to blink the tears away, I see a familiar face in front of me.

"Hey, aren't you David Haynes?" I ask. "But I vaccinated you yesterday already! Why did you come here today? A double dose of this stuff could be dangerous!"


 "Not as dangerous as going through my day without seeing you again," he grins.

My throat constricts. Is he... is he flirting with me? No, that couldn't be. How could any man be interested in me? While I continue to grind my teeth over this, my stomach suddenly growls audibly.

"Hey," David purrs with a cheeky smile, "If you're hungry, I've got just the thing for you, Miss Doctor."

I blush furiously. David Haynes is flirting with me! Suddenly, I feel validated again. Zhan stood me up and I've let him crush my sense of self-worth, but David is making me feel like a woman again.


"Doesn't your wife mind if you so openly flirt with people like that?" I ask.


 "I don't have a wife, gorgeous," he says and winks at me. "I'm just out of a relationship and all free for the taking."


 As we continue to talk, I completely forget the reason I'm here in the first place. The waiting patients look on in boredom as David and I find out that our astrological signs are compatible. Wow!


 David is incredibly smooth with his flirtations and compliments. What an amazing man, I think to myself. Could he be my true love?


 The Last Venue of Amore is so beautiful, even in the snow.


 It's a place for lovers, and neither we nor the people around us can resist the romantic atmosphere.


 "You are one dynamite lady," David whispers in my ear as he pulls me into a hug.


 "I've always wished for something like this," I whisper back. "Having a man like you in my life is one of my greatest dreams."


 I am swept off my feet - quite literally - when David picks me up like I weigh nothing and holds me close.


And finally, our lips meet.


 "David," a woman suddenly screeches. "What do you think you're doing?!"


 "What the heck, Nicoletta," he snaps back. "What's your problem?! We're not together."

"That is up for discussion," Nicoletta Lombardi retorts.

"No, it's not." David's voice has a tone of finality.


 "Come on," David calls to me as he turns to leave. "Let's blow this joint."

I am torn for a moment. So David already has someone? But he says he's single... hmm...

Finally, I make up my mind and follow him. Why should I always be the one to take the back seat? Maybe it's time to be one of those people who just reach out and take what they want. Those are the ones that always seem to get everything in life.


 As we're sitting in his car, David explains, "Nicoletta and I had a thing, but that's all in the past. I'm single, I swear."

After today's emotional rollercoaster, this is good enough for me.


"Follow me," I call as I begin the trek up the snowy hill, but the athletic David quickly overtakes me.


 When I catch up to him, many passionate kisses follow.


Well, if Zhan doesn't appreciate my igloo building skills, I'm sure David will!


As I make my way towards it, however, David takes off.


 "Gotta go to work," he hollers before he disappears.


 Defeated, I decide to make my way home.


 I still haven't eaten a single bite today. As I begin preparing a meager meal for one, I feel tears pricking the back of my eyes again. No one wants me. Why did I ever dare to hope otherwise? I will die a frumpy old maid and no one will ever love me.

Tears finally begin to fall, and it's not because I'm chopping onions.

Then suddenly, the doorbell rings.


Could it be? Is it...?

 I quickly wipe away my tears and go outside.


 "So you meant 9 pm? Ooooooh..."


 I invite Zhan inside and tell him to make himself comfortable. I'm still ravenous, but I remember this morning's pancakes and quickly go upstairs to gobble them up.


Zhan finds something to occupy himself with in the meanwhile.


 Then, with a promise of showing him around, Zhan and I get in a taxi.


 "Monte Vista is beautiful," he tells me and I have to agree.


 "Such a beautifully decorated place," he muses as we speed through the city streets.


 It's the second time today that an athletic man outruns me, but my thoughts are entirely with Zhan at this point.


 With Zhan... and the igloo.


 Zhan chuckles when I let him in on my plan.


He follows me into the cozy little igloo without hesitation.


 "So... do you want to woohoo?" I ask bluntly.

Zhan pulls back from my advances, "Hey, patience," he chides me. "You've gotta romance a guy first!"

I immediately feel rejected and hurt, but then come to my senses again. Of course! What was I thinking? Being this forthright isn't like me at all. I suppose I've just had this idea on my mind for too long and got impatient...


 "I'm sorry," I say, but when I want to launch into further explanations, Zhan silences me with his lips.

And then, finally...


 ... I get to woohoo in my igloo.


This was more impressive than the Terracotta Army, I think.

Zhan seems equally elated.


We make quite the pair.


 Ignoring the deep snow, we sit down to watch the beauty all around us. There aren't any stars visible, but the falling snow is a most magical sight.


 As we sit there like this, I suddenly realize something. I want to marry Zhan.


 "Zhan," I begin, again mustering up more courage than I've ever had in my entire life. "We're... we're boyfriend and girlfriend, right?"

"Sure," he smiles. "If you want me to be your boyfriend, then I'd love to be your boyfriend!"


 "Actually," I say, getting down on one knee. "I don't want you to be my boyfriend."

Zhan looks confused for a moment.


 I smile as I open the small box. "I want you to be my husband! Will you marry me, Zhan?"


 Fortunately, he says yes.


 I have never been this happy in my entire life.

"I want to show you something," I whisper in his ear.


 "Race you to the taxi," he shouts as he dashes past me at top speed. I frown. I was thinking of a moonlit stroll through the snow, but try doing that with an athletic sim!


Finally though, we are on our way together.


 I want to take Zhan to the most romantic place in all of Monte Vista.

"This is where I'd like to get married," I tell him.

"It's a beautiful place for a wedding," he agrees.


 "Well then," he says, "I should probably get going if I'm going to make my flight."

"Wait!" I yell in dismay. I realize now that I want Zhan to live with me, 24/7. I can't wait until we're married! "Please, don't leave. Move in with me instead!"


 To my delight, he agrees.


"I'll just go and get settled in then," Zhan says as he gets in a taxi.

"Go ahead," I call after him. "I'll be right behind you."


 What a whirlwind that was! So many things happened, and so quickly. I desperately need to get my head on straight again. I plop my behind down right where I'm standing, in the snow, and think.

Just a few hours ago I thought I had fallen in love with David Haynes, and now I'm engaged to Zhan and he's moving in with me. This sounds like a recipe for disaster!


What am I going to do? Half of Monte Vista saw me kissing David Haynes today and now I'm about to plan a wedding?

I wish I could just jump in a rocket and launch myself to the moon.


 And all because I was so impatient! If I'd only waited a few more hours before giving up on Zhan and seeking love elsewhere...

Maybe there's still time to make everything right.


 Unaware of all that transpired earlier today, Zhan makes his way toward his new home.


 I sit in the snow, contemplating my many mistakes and the general hollowness of life. I don't even notice the cold, but when my eyelids begin to droop, I decide it's time to head home.


 Zhan smiles when he enters the charming little house he'll be living in from now on. Did his beloved Gloria paint this? It's so sweet and delicate, just like her. He is so enthralled that he doesn't even notice the puddle he's standing in.


 It's long past midnight.


When I arrive home, Zhan is already sleeping.


 It's a strange, new feeling for both of us - neither of us has ever shared a bed with someone else before.


 When Zhan cuddles up to me, all my previous worries are forgotten.


Zhan has found the woman of his dreams and I will finally have my dream wedding!










_____________________________

 So... uh... I honestly thought Zhan wasn't going to show up. I've had problems with foreign visitors before, so... well! Things worked out in the end though, didn't they?

Luckily Gloria rolled the wish to move in with Zhan just moments before he had to leave! It took me a few restarts to be quick enough (cheaty, I know), but finally she managed to ask him to move in before he was off again. Dating sims from other worlds is such a hassle!


8 comments:

  1. No Gloria. ;_; Don't brood! You went through an asylum challenge--you can handle anything life throws at you!! Also, David makes me uncomfortable. Hold out for Zhan!

    Yay! He showed up! Oh gosh, we can breath a sigh of relief--your sim daughter is going to procreate (probably). That was a romantic engagement--right next to their woohoo igloo and everything! XD

    Sorry my comment is all over the place. I type out my comments on a notepad as I read and I have so many feelings. XD And shh, I won't tell anyone else about the restarts if you don't. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That David! Taking advantage of a very desperate Gloria (and a very desperate me as well!)

      It's sucha relief that Zhan showed up in the end. Arriving at 9pm and then leaving at midnight didn't leave much time for romance though! And it's even worse than that--the woohoo igloo was in the middle of the graveyard too o_o

      Hah, no worries! I'm happy this marvellous piece of fine literature elicits such a strong emotional response XD

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Right? I'm so happy Gloria picked Zhan in the end. I like much him better than all the guys she's been considering in MV XD

      Delete
  3. That's hilarious that everyone is just waiting around to get vaccinated and suddenly the one doing the vaccinations just doesn't care. xD

    I'm so glad that Zhan finally showed up! And that she wasn't able to fulfill the woohoo wish with David. She and Zhan are really cute together. He even ignores the puddle just like she does!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That David Haynes was just too enticing, I guess XD

      Zhan is so much better for her than David! But arriving at 9pm at leaving at midnight was pretty bad planning on his part XD

      Delete
  4. Every neighborhood has to have it's graveyard woohoo igloo, I suppose. ;3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't think of anything more romantic than that! XD

      Delete