Thursday, November 17, 2016

1.13 Enough is Enough


 I awake in desperate need of a shower.


 While I let the steady flow of warm water soak my greasy hair, I glance over at the toilet. Still broken! How come the contractors didn't fix that?


 Last night I didn't get a very good look at my spruced up kitchen, but now I take it all in appreciatively.


Breakfast that has been prepared in a cute kitchen tastes so much better!


With my new resolve of finding my first - and hopefully true - romance, I head to the pub, hoping to find my true love right there. (Creative wish fulfilling...?)


 Once again, the place is packed with people. There has to be at least one eligible bachelor in this town!


Right by the door I meet Jayden James and introduce myself to him.


 He begins to talk about the weather.


 Then he proceeds to talk about the weather some more.


 I suppose most women would find him incredibly attractive, but for me, there is simply no spark. Our conversation has been halting at best, punctuated by many awkward pauses. Eventually, I give up.


Just when I sit down at the bar to order a drink, the bartender walks off and then doubles over in pain.


 For a moment I think the woman next to me at the bar is Giovanna, but when she begins criticizing me, I realize that no, this is not my dear friend.
 

"What the heck," I explode, "Why does everyone think I'm a doctor?! I'm an intern, for Plubob's sake. Besides, it's my day off!"


 Fuming, I turn to leave. If I'm honest, I do worry about the poor bartender, but what am I supposed to do? I don't have any real medical experience or training yet and I'm not one for reckless heroics. I'll leave that to the people who are desperate to get promotions.


All I want to do is do my job when I'm at work and be left in peace in my free time. I need a simple life, with just a little bit of romance. Is that too much to ask?


 As I make my way past the main plaza, I see Luigi Stefani sitting at the chess board - in exactly the same place as when we first met. Back then he said, "ciao bella" to me, but now he only has eyes for his wife.


Just a few paces further is another happy couple.


And then there's me. Still single, still unkissed.


 I settle down to continue working on my novel. For now, my imagination is the only thing that brings some romance to my life.


It doesn't take long before my words fail me, however.


 I sit down to read and relax. While I'm absorbed in the book, I notice my cell phone buzzing. It's a message from Franco!


I glance down to read it:

Gloria, if you're not gonna call or hang out with me, I don't think I want to be your friend anymore. -Franco

WHAT?!


 What is it with these people?! Why do they think it's okay to send me these mean messages? Don't they realize they're hurting my feelings?

And Franco... the only reason I haven't contacted him is because I want to preserve his marriage - can't he see that?!

A million thoughts race through my mind as I make my way home.


 I barely even notice the falling snow around me.


 Why? Why am I even making friends in the first place if all they end up doing is dropping me like yesterday's garbage? It just makes me feel so much lonelier than if I'd never known them in the first place.


I stare out the window for a while, trying to hold in the tears.


Then I make up my mind to do something about this terrible loneliness.


I walk over to Erika Lin's house - it's just down the street from mine - and ring the doorbell.


 I stand outside in the snow for quite some time, waiting for someone to invite me in. Maybe nobody's home, I think.


Finally, the door opens. A now elderly Erika Lin takes one look at me, then turns back around and shuts the door behind her.


Defeated, I make my way home.


 All I want to do is curl up and forget about all of this.


 But enough is enough.


I've got to get out of here.









________________________________________

Jayden James is the only single adult male left in Monte Vista. Literally. I checked.

The official Wishacy rules say that it's okay to direct a sim to do actions associated with the AMB professions - so I would technically be allowed to make Gloria help all those poor souls that keep needing medical attention. However, I've decided that I'll only do that if she ever has the wish to get a promotion (or something similarly work-related) locked in. If not, I'll simply assume that she doesn't care much about her career and will not make her do things against her own will. So far, that seems to be the case.

4 comments:

  1. D'aww, Jayden is cute. Too bad he's super duper boring. And see, that's what I mean about having to break up marriages! I'll confess that when I dropped Dominic in AS, I used SP to keep him from hooking up with someone. It's ridiculous.

    Those random medical events seem more annoying than interesting. Suddenly I feel better about never rolling the medical profession.

    Poor Gloria. ;_;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, during normal legacy gameplay I mess with other sims' relationships all the time. Todd kept hooking up with Charity when they were teens, for example, and I wasn't having any of that 8D

      They are super annoying! I imagine they're ok if you can actually direct the sim to do them, but if you're dependent on autonomous socialization, they ruin everything :(

      Delete
  2. I love Gloria's reasoning for not helping the random sick people. It still cracks me up. xD

    That was so sad at the end. What's wrong with Erika? I hope things will look up soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what her excuse will be if she ever actually does become a doctor XD

      Erika probably has bad eyesight by now and didn't see that her friend was outside sobbing D: Or maybe she was just annoyed at having her doorbell rung in the middle of the night...

      Delete