Tuesday, November 15, 2016

1.5 The Gift of Life


I never thought Monte Vista would be this rainy!


 Despite the foul weather, I awake in a great mood. Yesterday's day off from work really did me good.


 However, today marks one more day of working before the weekend. I go downstairs and determinedly ignore the large puddle. Why won't it dry up by itself?!


 I hop in the shower and scrub myself well. I won't suffer through another day of being grungy at work!


Then I remember that my boss asked me to read a book called The Gift of Life. Damn, yesterday would have been the perfect opportunity to read it cover to cover.


I only manage to get through the first few chapters before the car pool comes to pick me up.


 After an uneventful day at work, I find myself back home, staring out the window and contemplating my surroundings.


 Afterwards, I finally finish reading that book for work. There, now that will make a great impression on the boss!


I notice a puddle on the bathroom floor that really bothers me, so I mop it up. I keep ignoring the much larger puddle in the living room though. I'll be damned if I give in! That stubborn puddle should have dried up days ago!


 Peeping out between the shutters of the window, I think about all the things I want to accomplish. I'd really love to travel to China!


But there are a few less significant things that I feel I should get around to first. So far I've improved the stove and the toilet, so now I get to work on the sink. I want to try and make it unbreakable!


However, I end up breaking it in the process. Go figure.

My ringing phone offers a distraction from this annoying setback.


 It's Giovanna! Only days after the birth of little Serena, she is pregnant again. She is sure it will be yet another girl and she has already chosen the name Valerie for her.


After chatting with my friend for a while, I go to bed.

4 comments:

  1. Jeez, Giovanna might need to stop breeding. XD Speaking of which...when is Gloria gonna wish for some love?? :o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But Giovanna is such a competent mother ;)

      I'm counting on Gloria's Hopeless Romantic trait to help me out here! :D That's part of the fun of wishacy I guess--worrying if your sim will ever decide to procreate! Now I know how my mom feels about me, ha.

      Delete
  2. I love when Gloria's brooding kicks in. And, oooh, does she have a wish to go to China?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's always staring out the window or sitting down in random places! I usually let her do it, but after a couple of hours I always send her to fulfill a wish. Otherwise she'd be brooding intil she falls asleep!

      Delete